My name is Sally Hitchcock and I am the Parent Support Adviser for all the schools in the Loddon Cluster. I am based at Thurton Primary.
Here are some ways I might be able to help:
- If you are worried about your son or daughter’s school attendance.
- Your child’s behaviour is challenging – either in school or at home.
- Perhaps your child is having difficulty coping if Mum and Dad are separating. Or maybe they are struggling to accept a parent’s new partner or step-family.
- If you have financial worries and would like advice on where to get help.
- Your son or daughter has additional needs and you would like information about specialist services available.
- A family member is ill, or there has been a bereavement, and your child is having trouble coping.
As well as working closely with colleagues in school, I have access to agencies and services that can offer information, guidance and advice.
From time to time I am able to offer short courses to help parents and carers develop greater understanding of their child’s behaviour and improve relationships. Details will be in schools’ newsletters and displayed on notice-boards.
I attend parents’ evenings, so do come and say ‘hello’ when you’re in School.
Please get in touch if you would like to talk about any issue that may be worrying you. You can discuss your concern, in confidence, by telephoning me on 01508 480335 or mobile: 07825 356836 or emailing me at email@example.com
Here are some links to external services you can contact for support:-
- Family Lives offer a 24 hour confidential helpline for parents and carers (0808 800 2222).
- Young Minds provide support, advice and guidance to parents concerned about their child’s mental health www.youngminds.org.uk (0808 802 5544).
- Links to support services for parents and young people can be found on Norfolk County Council’s website www.norfolk.gov.uk